Food Trip Friday: Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
I may be late in posting this but I wanted to share this recipe through Food trip Friday. Sis Willa, a very good blogger and also my Facebook friend, has been leading this food topic group for a long time already. Thank you for encouraging me. When it comes to food, I want to “tsibog” (a Visayan slang of “to eat a lot”).
So here we go, my first entry for Food Trip Friday: Chicken Parmigiana.
- Heat the tomato sauce with onion, garlic and hot butter. In real Italian setting, they use dice tomatoes instead of tomato sauce.
- Place chicken breast in a plastic wrap, make sure it is loose and closed so the tiny pieces would not splash to your clothes. If your kitchen is equipped with kitchen tools, use a meat mallet (I used the flat top of the knife as an alternative), by using the flat side of the meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to 1/4 inch thick. Then remove the wrap.
- In a flat or shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. In a second dish, mix together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken in egg mixture first, then coat it with the crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil until golden (approximately 3 minutes on each side). Set aside in a serving platter.
- There are two ways of adding the sauce to chicken, either you just pour it over chicken, or mix the chicken to sauce to add tomato sauce more flavor to the chicken (my husband has a strong taste and I do it that way). To add more presentation and flavor, you can arrange long shredded mozzarella cheese like a number symbol and let it melt on top of the chicken with sauce.