How to Increase Website Traffic
If you have a website, and you want to increase its traffic, you need to understand that you can’t just sit back and relax. You need to work in order to get your website ranking alongside other top-performing sites. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Create a site with valuable content, products, or services.
- Place primary and secondary keywords within the first 25 words in your page content and spread them evenly throughout the document.
- Research and use the right keywords or phrases to attract your target customers.
- Keep your site design simple so that your customers can navigate easily between web pages, find what they want and buy products and services.
- Submit all of your web pages to the most popular search engines and directory submission services.
- Keep track of changes in search engine algorithms and processes and accordingly modify your web pages so your search engine ranking remains high. Use online tools and utilities to keep track of how your website is doing.
- Monitor your competitors and the top ranked websites to see what they are doing right in the way of design, navigation, content, keywords, etc.
- Use reports and logs from your web hosting company to see where your traffic is coming from. Analyze your visitor location as well as their incoming sources whether search engines or links from other sites and the keywords they used to find you.
- Make your customer visit easy and give them plenty of ways to remember you in the form of newsletters, free reports, reduction coupons etc.
- Demonstrate your industry and product or service expertise by writing and submitting articles for your website or for article banks so you are perceived as an expert in your field.
- Don’t look at your website as a static brochure. Treat it as a dynamic, ever-changing sales tool and location, just like your real store to which your customers with the same seriousness.