Application For A U.S. Passport For Kids
One of the main agenda we did as a family today is to submit the Application for a U.S. passport for my two kids. I went last Wednesday afternoon to our local USPS and the lady said that both parents should be present when applying their kids for U.S. passport. And so my husband took the whole day off from work today. He needed some rest in the morning and we went to the USPS this afternoon. The lady was nice to us and she talked to George for a little while. Here are the requirements for U.S. passport:
- Fill up the Application form. You can get it outside or inquire inside your USPS.
- One 2×2 picture. I took my kids to CVS to have their passport pictures taken. I paid $20 for both of them ($10 for each with two 2×2 pictures). If you don’t bring one when submitting your application, USPS can still take a picture of you but you have to pay $15. I saved 10 bucks when I had my kids taken their passport pictures at CVS.
- Bring their US birth certificates.
- Bring check or bank draft of $80 per kid for the cost of issuing a passport. We paid $160 for both of my kids.
- Bring $25 cash, debit or credit card for the passport processing. We paid $50 for both of my kids.