Corn Gardening Progress

You may be watching out the progress of the corn we planted at my Mom in law’s house. I wrote about it in my previous post on how we planted them. So here it is, after 5 weeks in their garden. They might not be perfect for a professional gardener but I’m just glad they are doing very well. Every time we go at my Mom in law’s house, we water them with a hose as it has been hot lately. My son is standing beside the garden and the height of the corn is already over his knee. It hasn’t been up to my knee yet but still, we’re aiming for a knee high on the 4th of July as traditional farmers say so.

corn_gardening_progress

How about you, have you planted corn in your garden too?

16 Responses to Corn Gardening Progress

1. You really indeed have a green thumb Mommy Mel :-) I do not have a garden that is growing with corn but just flowers. George looks so big and so huggable :-)

2. jheylo says:

Wow that’s cool! my husband planted corns in our back too, it’s a little space but days later we saw it started sprouting :)

3. SheyLuvz says:

There’s a goal to that corn plant they better grow fast before 4th of july hehehhe. You son is growing big mami mel. mura mn sd ug view sa bohol ang backyard sa imung inlaws with all that corn you planted

4. Rcel says:

Awwww! You have a green thumb, Momi Mel! I am sure you will be reaping a lot of corn come harvest time! How nice oi!

5. Michele says:

So–did it make it knee high by 7/4? The very fact that it is growing at all says a lot about your gardening abilities!! You will have LOTS of corn!!

• admin says:

Hi Michele, the other day I was there, I measured that the west side of it is at my knee length and the other side of it is over my knee (near my hips). My MIL said we planted two varieties of it, one is shorter and the other is taller. but they both have to be over the knees before they can produce corn. 😀

6. That’s awesome sis, my Burritos corn are now tall and healthy!

7. Chavonne H says:

It must be super exciting to watch the corn grow and it’s so tall. I don’t have a garden but I’d love to learn how to start a small indoor one.

look at you go girl growing corn we tried to grow a garden this year but the deers, rabbits and other animals ate most of it

9. Your corn sure is growing! I don’t have anything growing where I live it is hot and dry.

10. That is a lot of corn! I am so bummed, my garden has had so much rain thanks to the weather all my veggies are splitting and my herbs are just not healthy looking. We need sun soon or my entire garden will be a loss.

11. Nova S says:

Wow mommy, it seems that your plants are growing great …

12. Liza Barnett says:

I have no garden and I don’t have green thumb. I buy corn at the store, :) your corns look like it will give you lots of corn on the cob when it’s harvest time. :)

13. Wow, lots of corn. We also planted some corn. Love corn, easy to grow!

14. April says:

a mini corn field! that is so cool and it looks like they’re growing well.

15. Marms says:

We have some corn too! I can’t wait!