The Gro Project Is Fun & Easy

This post brought to you by Miracle-Gro. All opinions are 100% mine.

The weather has been nice in our area lately. There were days that it is overcast and rainy. I like it because it breaks up the hot and humid air and that the natural water that comes from the rain is always good for the plants. My mother in law invited me and my kids to plant corn seeds in her garden a few weeks ago. We went over her house and we saw that my brother in law was busy tilling the ground. He made sure that it will be ready for us to plant the seeds. I think the area he prepared was 18 x 8 feet rectangular size in-ground garden. Rows of Corn needs to be at least 1 foot away from each other. And sometime last week, I went to see how the corn are doing and I’m excited to see seedlings that are 3 inches tall. It makes you feel assured that they are going to grow nice and tall very soon (hopefully about knee length by the 4th of July).

The photo above is the in-ground garden area where my kids and I enjoyed planting corn. The kids sure enjoyed laying themselves in the grass after planting. I also suggested a LiquaFeed All Purpose Plant Food Advance Starter Kit to help in making corn grow stronger.

How about you, what plants have you been growing lately? Have you heard about The Gro Project by Miracle-Gro? It a nice movement that motivates everyone to grow plants whether you like it indoor or outdoors. I checked out Miracle-Gro Facebook page and you will find 5 easy growing projects that are simple to follow. I’m attracted to the Toyrarium and G.Y.O.B. projects. The Toyrarium is a small planting project that you and your kids will enjoy. You will just need an unused fish bowl, some peat moss, small and low maintenance plants like cactus and toys to decorate inside the bowl. For the G.Y.O.B (Grow Your Own Bar) project, you will need a small pot, potting mix, herb seeds like basil and rosemary to plant and by the time they grow, you can pound them fresh or dried and mix them to your drinks. Aint this fun garden projects to do at home? For more fun and easy ideas, Follow Miracle-Gro Pinterest page today, explore their forum for gardeners who come together and share your gardening stories too! Check out this short video about what The Gro Project is all about. Enjoy Gardening!

Visit Sponsor's Site

22 Responses to The Gro Project Is Fun & Easy

1. I have some blue potatoes, cat nip and chives growing. I want to see if my potatoes will actually grow long enough to be blue this year and not just red. We bought the seedlings two years ago and the growing season in Michigan doesn’t seem to be long enough so this year I started them in my window and waited till all threat of frost was over to plant them outdoors.

2. Michele says:

I did try to grow herbs in my apartment at one point or another–they did grow–but so well that I could not keep up with clipping them back–yes I used miracle gro!

what a nice looking garden

4. Sasha Cory says:

Yikes! This is our first time planting corn and I sure hope it’s not too close together. Thanks for the info!

5. Travel Quest says:

We were in the market of buying a house and were looking for a decent backyard that we can grow our own fruits and veggies. This product will definitely on my list once were ready for planting this summer.

6. jheylo says:

I haven’t grow any plants or vegetable yet. We are planning to grow some corn but I don’t know when though. You have a nice garden, I bet you will have lots of fresh produce before winter.

7. jheylo says:

Gardening can be therapeutic too. I wish I have a space just like yours. Anyway, enjoy gardening and harvesting soon too.

8. Michelle says:

I’ve been using Miracle Gro to repot some of my indoor plants. I haven’t really gotten a handle on gardening and landscaping but that’s next on my list. I’ve got lots of yardspace and would really like to utilize it.

9. Your garden looks terrific, I haven’t planted anything yet since we have been busy lately. Happy harvesting soon:)

10. I love the fact that your kids love to plant corn. I look forward to hearing and seeing the progress as summer goes on. I can’t have a garden because it is too dry where I live.

11. jenn says:

wow that is just awesome! hubby is trying to start a veggie garden right now. it does not look as good and done as yours though, lol!

12. joy h says:

I wish we have a backyard to plan some veggies and fruits, unfortunately, we don’t. I love the idea of planting corn because corn has been an all time favorite food.

13. April says:

i use miracle gro in my flower bed. love it.

14. Nova says:

Such a wonderful to read about how happy your family are. They truly enjoyed it too.

15. Staci L. says:

My daughter loves gardening! We are in the process of moving and can’t really do anything right now, but hope to get a garden going when we get moved!

16. Athena says:

We love to grow fruits and vegetables. This weekend I may even work on a wildflower patch with the kids. They should love it!

17. I have attempted a garden this year too. Fingers crossed, so far it seems like it’s working haha.

Your garden looks lovely – I’m trying to get my head around growing things x

19. I have been wanting to start a garden but I have just been so busy with work.

20. Krista says:

Good luck with your garden – I hope you get corn out of it!

21. mommasbacon says:

Love the garden! Looks great! Unfortunately we rent but we try to grow what we can inside and in boxes. Thanks for the info