Clearing Stuff And Moving Back After Fire Accident

A house is always in a danger of having a fire accident. This is what I realize after taking a look at my Mom in law’s house after they had a house fire in their kitchen and it affected couple more rooms and left lots of smoke damage in their belongings. I already asked my Mom in law if it’s ok to write about this and she’s ok about it. We hope that this post will help everyone to stay alert and be careful not to have house fire.

It happened the week before thanksgiving that they had a house fire. It began in the kitchen stove when a hot boiling oil in a sauce pan was overcooking egg rolls and the fire spread into their wooden wall behind the stove and it climbed up to the ceiling. My brother in law was with my husband outside chatting before my husband and my kids will head back to our house. I was in our house at that time and my Mom in law was in their living room. When my bro in law came back inside, their kitchen is covered with thick smoke. They called the Emergency fire station right away and after 5 minutes the fire men arrived, the fire already spread into their dining room and black smoke went to the living room and rooms upstairs. The next morning, we went to their house, I thought the damage was small but my oh my, the kitchen, walls and ceilings in the dining room and living room are all black. Some got damaged by the fire and some needs serious cleaning. The plastic smell and other stuff that got burned smelled too strong so we went back to our house. I pity their situation and we offered them to stay in our house until their house will be fixed. I remember one of those huge dumpster like that of dumpster rental Grand Rapids went out for 3 trips to the local landfill, clearing out fire damaged stuff from their house. Until this month, they finally got back most of their stuff inside the house but it’s all in big boxes. It’s sad because there’s not enough space to put a bed, dining table and chairs, and couches. And so I’m busy helping them opening boxes and putting back some stuff to their cabinets. They still need some furniture to put plates with as their china hutch got thrown away. She’s having a hard time of what things to let go at the moment. I just pray their house will be safe by the time they get back.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Clearing Stuff And Moving Back After Fire Accident

  1. I am glad everything worked out. Fires are scary things, thank goodness you got out of there safely.

  2. Heather Freeman says:

    Sorry to hear about your family’s disaster. I noticed you mentioned GR. I’m from there myself and it’s always interesting to find other people from GR.

  3. bonnie holt says:

    Oh i am so sorry your family had to go through a fire. That is a awful thing to go through

  4. I am so sorry your in laws had to go through this, my heart goes out to them. I am sure they will be smelling smoke for years to come. That smoke smell gets not only into the walls, but any furniture they salvaged might smell like smoke… I hope not though. Wish them lots of luck from someone who has gone through this.

  5. sara says:

    wow. what a horrible thing to go through. Glad they were ok though

  6. I am so sorry to hear about the fire. Thankfully no one was injured. I am sure the fire was a wake up call not to leave food unattended on the stove.

  7. Tx Sweetie says:

    house fire, we all dreaded that and we should be very careful not to leave the stove on. although forgetfulness can happen sometimes.

  8. Sharon says:

    So sorry for the loss but glad everyone is ok. What a huge job they now have ahead of them!

  9. I’m sorry to hear about this. It is just horrifying to think of something like that happening in a home. We had a bad fire in our neighborhood this past spring and it devastated our community.

  10. Pam says:

    So Thankful that no one was injured. Fires are really scary things. Good luck to your family.

  11. I’m very sorry that this happened. It is a scary thought of how easy it is for these things to happen.

  12. Sorry for the losses but happy that everyone is ok. I’ve never been in a fire or had anyone close to me in one but I can imagine what it’s like. Glad that you’re able to help out as well.

  13. Pam says:

    I am sorry your family has to go through this. I hope they are able to salvage most of their items.

  14. AmandaJean says:

    I am truly sorry your family had to go through this. No one should ever have to deal with this!! =(

  15. I am so sorry they had to go through this. It is had to deal with all the loss of memories and such. I wish them the best.

  16. MzBaker says:

    Fires are so horrible. Sorry this happened. grease is always so dangerous too!

  17. becca says:

    sorry to hear about your family disaster and loss

  18. You are such a loving daughter in law sis, may God bless you more.

  19. Nova says:

    So sorry about what happened dear, i’m glad that things are getting better now. The important part is no one was seriously harmed and things can be replaced.

  20. Fire is indeed scary, I was just ababy when my parents house got burned which almost killed me too if it hadn’t for my MOm’s bravery, I am a history.

  21. jheylo says:

    Speaking of fire accident, I watched the TFC and I felt so bad that many Filipinos are dealing with flood and fire calamities. It must be so hard to bring back the normal life since most of their belongings are gone.

  22. Ashley says:

    Sorry to hear about this! I hope the move back in goes well.

  23. Oh no! I hope everything will be okay in the long run! It will be tough, but at least everyone was okay after the accident.

  24. Andrea Smith says:

    That is so scary. Thank God we have never had a fire. I am so sorry that you had to experience this. I am glad that everyone made it out ok. Prayers and best wishes for a smooth moving back process.

  25. Sarah Bailey says:

    Oh no what a nightmare for you – I am glad you are all ok. I hope all goes well in your move back home. x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>