Celebrating Christmas 2013

How was your Christmas celebration folks? Hope you had a fantastic celebration! Here’s what I have in my humble abode this year. My kids helped me put up our artificial tree. I decorated it with series lights and Christmas ornaments. I built a house for my nativity scene with the use of an empty box, chair and white drape and paper.

celebrating_christmas1

I put the Christmas wreath on top of the Nativity scene box. I also put a tiny Christmas town under our tree. And of course, wrapping lots of presents which my kids were anticipating to open on Christmas day since most of it are for them. Smiles. A couple of days before the 25th, I made some cookies and sweets. The goodies were not just all for us but we shared them to our church friends and officemates of my husband.

celebrating_christmas2

It’s our tradition as a family to always go on the Midnight mass during Christmas Eve. This year, we went to Saint Anthony’s in Cambridge Springs PA. Our Parish priest there celebrated a high mass for this joyous event. Thank you Father! The boys in the picture are yawning. They slept in the car, all the way home.

celebrating_christmas3

The picture above is a beautiful statue of the Holy Infant of prague dressed in gold vestments because it’s His Big Birthday! We didn’t take out our Christmas tree yet because Christmas for us extends until Epiphany or Feast of the Three Kings. My boys, husband and I enjoyed lighting our little Christmas shrine in our living room. The boys are busy reading books and playing toys from their Christmas presents. Hope you guys enjoy our family pictures!

28 Responses to Celebrating Christmas 2013

1. Glad you and your family had a great Christmas. I love your Christmas tree – it’s very festive. Happy New Year, too!

2. Terry says:

My Hubs family always goes to midnight mass too. Sounds like you had a super Christmas. Happy New Year to you.

3. I love your Christmas three sis, so sparkly! Ang lalaki na ng mga binata mo sis.

4. Lawna says:

Those are some great family photos to treasure forever. I just adore your beautiful nativity scene.

5. coolchillmom says:

we had a wonderful holiday full of family love
    glad you had a very nice one too

6. Michele says:

Your sons look so very happy as does your husband! Your decorations are very pretty. I can well understand why your son’s slept on the trip home from midnight Mass–it was way past their bedtime!

7. It looks like you have a beautiful, fun and meaningful Christmas. May God bless you in this new year 2014!

8. Nikki says:

Love your Christmas tree and display, so pretty! I had a nice, quiet Christmas this year. Just me, my son and my mom. Relaxing for once!

9. Lori says:

Looks as if you and your family had a lovely Christmas. Thank you for sharing.

oh my i love your tree so pretty and Christmas look likes it was a fun time for the family

11. vinma says:

Sounds like you guys had a great christmas and that you were able to spend some quality time with family. Have a happy new year to you :)

12. What a lovely Christmas – Merry Christmas and happy new year!

13. Theresa says:

I love the tree! So beautiful! And the nativity scene too! It reminds me of the one my mom always puts out each year :)

14. I just learned of the celebration of the Three Kings. It looks like you had a great Christmas, I am planning to teach my children of the Three Kings even though it is not our culture/religion. I do not want them to know know about it.

15. Lindsay says:

Our Christmas was awesome Family and Christ Centered!

16. Tess says:

Sounds like you had a grea holiday. Love the tree and I miss when the family used to go to mass.

17. Wow that is beautiful, I like how you build the native house scene awsome. Glad that you guys enjoyed yourselfs

18. I love the nativity scene you had next to your Christmas Tree. It reminds me of the one my grandmother used to put up in the house in Spain when I was a kid.

19. The pictures showed all the warmth and love of the holiday season. This was wonderful!

20. Annie says:

You have a gorgeously lit xmas tree, so colorful!

21. We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We had family over and we had some pretty awesome food!

22. Tina says:

I love how you did your nativity scene! My Christmas tree is still up and I have no excuse!

23. Pam says:

Love your tree and Nativity scene. Very creative using the box for the manger. I remember going to Midnight Mass when I was young every year and it was a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday.

24. Mommy2Jam says:

Can you come and decorate my house next year please? I really love how you decorated, despite my efforts my tree always looks like a charlie brown christmas. Seems like you all had a fantastic holiday. My boys and I did too!

25. Ashley Gill says:

Beautiful family photos! I hope you were able to get a few with you in them as well. I ended up having no pictures of me and all pictures with the children and my husband in them.. oops! Happy Holidays!

Oh wow it looks like you had a wonderful time – I adore your Christmas tree and your nativity is lovely x

27. BabsProjects says:

We don’t celebrate Christmas, but it is my birthday, so we have birthday celebrations that day. You boys are adorable and I am glad you all had a great time.

28. Amanda says:

I love that so much of y our focus was your family! We had a great week getting a few projects done at our house!