3rd and 4th Class Update on Wilton Cake Design Course (2)

I finished my Wilton cake design course 2, two days after Memorial day. During our third class, we practiced to make lilies, wilton rose, daffodils and violets in royal icing. I only finished 8 flowers during the third class. The 2 hours seem to gone by so quickly. The instructor has to go fast as she has to introduce more techniques.

I’m glad my royal icing were not in very stiff consistency. I’m glad to hear from my instructor that I’m improving and learning fast. The lilies were the easiest to make in the third class. My roses didn’t show the way I wanted them to be. It must be because my hands were shaky. I also like the daffodils but I need to widen the spiral cone at the center next time. The violets were a little bit hard as they need to be tiny and you need your hand to stay calm. The other daffodil and rose in this picture got eaten for testing. Winks.

At the fourth class, we were required to bake our own cake and ice it before going to class. Here’s what mine look like above. I had a chocolate cake with white buttercream icing. It’s a one tier cake and it is 8 inches wide.

This is what my final cake looked like after the fourth class. I braved myself to learn how to ice a basket weave around the cake. I am so happy that it went well and everyone congratulated me for having the guts to do it. Smiles. I should’ve placed more flowers on top but at that time my hands felt so tired. I also painted my white lilies to pink to look like star gazer lilies.

This is the cakes that my other classmates made. I like those roses that the other one made. They look so real. Made me challenge to practice for roses in royal icing.

And here’s my Course 2 certificate of completion. I can’t wait to take Course 3 soon!

Stay tuned for the 2 birthday cakes I made for my two boys a couple of weeks ago. Smile.

64 Responses to 3rd and 4th Class Update on Wilton Cake Design Course (2)

1. That is so cool!! I would love to take a class like that. You did an awesome job!

2. LauraOinAK says:

That class looks awesome! I bought a cake decorating kit years ago, but it just sits collecting dust.

3. Kungphoo says:

That looks great! My daughter wants to know how to do all this.. mind you she is 9

4. Melanie says:

Your cakes are looking awesome. I wish I knew how to do that.

5. janelle says:

how fun! i keep saying i am going to take one of these classes, i think i just might this summer.

6. Heather says:

You did a great job! I love the way the flowers look in the first photo! Congratulations on getting a certificate for this.

7. What beautiful work you do. I have always wanted to learn how to make beautiful cakes.

8. Such beautiful flowers! Wow, I wonder what the third class will be like. You look you can create flowers like a pro already!

• admin says:

@Sandra – The Foodie Affair, I’m smiling from ear to ear when you mentioned I can create flowers like a pro already :) The third class is a little bit difficult. It’s all about making a Fondant Cake.

9. Liz Mays says:

The flowers turned out beautifully and they really make the cake look finished to perfection!

10. Felicia says:

Wow those cake decorations are astonishing! They must take so long to craft! I couldn’t image making a cake so beautiful!

11. You did a great job! So beautiful, I wish I had the gift!

12. Debra says:

Gorgeous! I should take the second class, I have taken the first and the third!

13. Wow! I have always wanted to learn how to do that. Looks like a great course!

14. Wow the flowers you made look beautiful! I’d like to try making them one day too.

15. Those flowers are lovely! I would enjoy being able to create cakes like these.

16. You did a great job and I really love the lilies. I’m sure with practice you’ll get better with your roses and cake making. Can’t wait to see what you do in a couple of months.

17. Payal Bansal says:

wow!! You nailed it!! They look so beautiful

wow you re doing great congrats on your certificate. the cakes look wonderful.

19. Veronica says:

So beautiful! I have always admired cake decorations. Such creativity and finesse

20. Those turned out beautifully. I am going to check out some of their classes once we get settled from our move. You are convincing me that I can do them.

21. Lady Lilith says:

Wow. Looks like you are a pretty fast learner. Congrats on your cakes. I cannot wait to see what else you will make.

22. WOW! I LOVE those lilies! (Are those the white ones?!) SO pretty!!! You did a great job!

Oh wow they are so pretty <3 I wish I could make things like that. x

24. Amber NElson says:

Oh wow, beautiful job. I am loving those cakes

25. Annie says:

Congrats on finishing course #1! Your lillies turned out great :)

26. Kay Adeola says:

Well done on completing the course and you did a great job. I want to do something like this.

27. Wow your cake turned out so good! I think the amount of flowers is perfect! Great job and can’t wait to see more in the future!

28. Congrats on completing the course. The cake decorations are really creative.

29. This looks like a great class to fine tune my baking skills. Your flowers came out so pretty and detailed.

30. Wow…you made some great progress! I’d love to take one of these classes!

31. Toni says:

Wow, you did amazing. I should take some of these courses here, I would love to really learn to decorate.

32. Alice Chase says:

I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class. Your boys will be so excited with their cakes from now on.